BAVauto® Show and Shine 2017 – Wishing You Were Here! Photo Gallery
BAVauto® Show & Shine
Customer appreciation and charity raffle event
The day started with early morning drives from the north, south, east and west with the orange sunrise hanging in the east …. err … wait … back up a minute …. with an early fall fog blanketing the fields and valleys … yup that’s it!
So, as the day dawned, the BAVauto® employees and Show & Shine volunteers arrived and headed straight for the coffee tent, fueling up for the Show & Shine set-up. The specialty theme, this year, was BMW Classics and the experienced parking crew quickly filled the front display lot with 24 examples of BMW’s classic designs.
By 8:00am, they were aligning and parking the 300 (or so) BMWs and MINIs who’s owners patiently waited in line to show off their pride and joys.
Meanwhile, the manufacturers and suppliers of many of the parts and accessories offered through the BAVauto.com website, were setting up in the 20′ x 80′ vendor tent …. anxious to greet the attendees with thanks and offered assistance.
By, 9:00am, free raffles giving away thousands of dollars in BMW/MINI parts and accessories as well as the charity raffles (with thousands more in prizes) were divided by interviews with the owners of the BMW classics displayed in the front lot. The free lunch (burgers, brats and hot dogs) was ready by 11:30am.
After more free giveaways, the charity raffle grand prize was drawn …. an all-expense-paid trip to a BMW Performance Center and a day of ///M Driving School with associated sightseeing and expenses. The charity raffle raised just shy of $10,000 to go to Susan G. Komen, Disabled American Veterans, Animal Legal Defense Fund and Be The Match.
Thanks to all who made the day a great success, to include: Attendees, Donating vendors, Volunteers and Charity Raffle participants!
Here are some stats about the show:
- 2017 was Bavarian Autosport’s 23rd Show & Shine
- Event started at 9am and ended at 1pm
- Approximately 340 BMWs and MINIs were parked on the premises
- An additional 80-100 were on the street and in surrounding lots
- Front lot had a display of 24 Classic BMWs (chassis introduced 1987 or earlier)
- A professional emcee and Bavarian’s resident technical expert, Gordon Arnold (aka Bavarian Otto) provided running commentary about the Classics on display and conducted interviews with the owners, all of which was broadcast over the PA system.
- Estimated attendance was between 1200-1500.
- Vendor partners in attendance: 17.
- We served 600 hamburgers, 300 bratwurst, 300 hot dogs, hundreds of soft drinks and 2 kegs of beer — all for free.
- The event raised just shy of $10,000 for four charities – Susan G. Komen, Disabled American Veterans, Animal Legal Defense Fund and BeTheMatch.org. And donations are still coming in!