Welcome to our BMW and MINI tech blog!
There are more than 1,000 Q&As and DIY guides posted here. Feel free to search by keyword (upper right), browse by category (lower right), or watch one of our helpful videos. Once you've found the answer to your question, you can get the parts you need in our online store – www.BavAuto.com.
We just finished detailing one of our Bimmers. Once again, we are so impressed by the results we get from P21S wax. You may remember the extensive wax test that was performed several years ago by Guru Reports: out of 44 waxes tested, they rated P21S Concours-look wax #1. Then a few years ago, P21S introduced its 100% Carnauba wax. Here’s what professional detailers said about it on Autopia, one of their online forums:*
“IMO, P21s 100% is the best boutique wax I have ever used. In the last 8 weeks, on clients cars that request wax, I have found myself grabbing for P21S more and more…. Amazingly sharp, wet, and deep shine. Compared to other waxes that produce similar results, very cost effective. The easiest wax I have ever removed. Gives those that brag about carnauba content the ultimate advantage (100 percent of the wax is nuba)… Brian and I first used 100% on a 328 Ferrari. Then we applied to a black Maserati. Both times we kept commenting on how much better the car looked to us after the wax application. We could actually see a difference in the paint after application… Later that week we detailed a GT2. We did half of the car with owner supplied estate glaze and the other half with P21s 100% (this would be the first of many comparisons). All three of us (owner, Brian, and myself) agreed that the PS21 side was both sharper and deeper.”
What makes P21S 100% Carnauba so effective? Here are some of the reasons:
– The raw wax used in this product is 100% Carnauba; no other types of wax are used to “fill out” the blend.
– The total wax content of the blend is extremely high.
– Offers the kind of weather-, scuff- and detergent-resistance only a pure carnauba wax system can provide.
– Absolutely abrasive-free so it’s safe for modern, water-based ceramic and nano-technology paint systems.
– Easy to rub out, even in extremely hot and humid climate conditions.
– Does not turn to powder upon rub out.
– Does not stain plastics or rubbers once cured.
– Contains no perfumes or dyes.
– Exceeds the strictest emission standards (VOC).
– Thin film application technology enables one jar to provide many applications (10+).
– It’s about half the cost of most high-end estate waxes.
ED. NOTE: All P21S products are on sale through April 30th. CLICK HERE NOW
* You can read the entire review and discussion at http://www.autopia.org/forum/topic/92383-p21s-100-carnauba-review/
This answer is applicable for many BMWs in addition to the one listed below.
car year: 2010
car model: 328i xDrive Sedan
I wanted to know if changing oil was the same as any other BMW. I have a 2010 328 ix sedan Is the oil drained the same way? How do you check the oil level since it has no dip stick?
On most of the newer BMW models that do not have engine oil dipsticks, the actual oil change is really no different than any other model. Until it’s time to refill.
When refilling (after replacing the drain plug and installing a new oil filter), add the specified amount of oil, then start the engine. Follow the specified oil level monitoring procedure for your specific BMW model (owners’ manual or Bentley Publishing repair manual). The procedure for your E90 3-series model is as follows:
* Car on level surface
* Run engine until operating temperature is reached.
* Increase engine RPM (speed) to 1100 rpm and hold for 3 minutes.
* Return engine to idle speed.
* Use the toggle switch to scroll up or down until the oil level indicator shows in the instrument cluster display.
* Press in the “BC” switch on the end of the turn signal lever to start the oil level check.
* Proper oil level display is shown within about 3 minutes.
This video, from ZF Services, details the fluid and filter change (replacement) for the ZF 6-HP family of 6-speed automatic transmissions (6HP-19, 6HP-21, 6HP-26, 6HP-28, 6HP-32), as used in many later model BMWs.
Thanks to ZF Services for allowing us to post this video.
The applicable Bentley repair manual will detail the specific steps in changing the fluid and filter for your BMW model and transmission application. Click on the link below.